New agency promises marketing approach to public campaigning
LONDON - Former BBC head of marketing Gail Gallie and former ITV corporate affairs director Jim Godfrey have launched an agency that adds marketing and media expertise to NGO and public sector campaigns.
The agency, GallieGodfrey, has already been appointed to run a national campaign to champion the role of fathers in children's lives by fatherhood think tank The Fatherhood Institute.
Duncan Fisher, chief executive of the think tank, said he picked GallieGodfrey to generate "a national conversation" because of their "experience of dealing with topical national issues and their ability to bring in partners who will have a shared agenda".
The agency's approach is to bring in a national media partner to lead the campaign -- it is currently in talks with one -- and also to identify senior corporate partners, which it is doing with communications planning agency Naked.
Gallie and Godfrey claim their combination of experience in marketing, brand-building and press and public affairs will help differentiate their agency.
Gallie was the account director on BMP DDB's 1997 New Labour election campaign, which helped bring Tony Blair to power, and later as a head of marketing at the BBC she led the launch campaigns for Cbeebies and BBC Three and strategic overhauls of the core BBC brand as well as Radio 1 and BBC News.
Godfrey's CV includes a 2001-2005 spell as special advisor to Department of Trade and Industry secretary Patricia Hewitt, following a role as head of communications at centre-left think tank the Institute for Public Policy Research.
More recently he was director of corporate affairs at ITV, which he left in January.
Gallie and Godfrey continue to work with the BBC and ITV. The agency has also started work on a campaign for the Outdoor Swimming Society.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Sr Designer Red Sofa London £40000 - £55000 per annum, City of London