Macmillan to launch cross-media campaign
LONDON - Cancer care charity Macmillan Cancer Support will this week launch a major two-month campaign highlighting its key financial and emotional support services for patients suffering from the disease.
Designed by London-based creative agency Arthur with media buying by PHD, the campaign launches October 1 with a 40-second TV ad on terrestrial and satellite channels using, for the first time, live action rather than Macmillan's trademark silhouettes.
In the advert, everyday objects including a football and a clock are featured with the word "cancer" on them, highlighting that cancer is something always present for the person living with the disease.
The final message from Macmillan is: "With Macmillan's support, things can -- and do -- get better. So that some days it's not all about cancer. It's about life."
The campaign is aimed at the estimated 2m people who are now living with or have suffered from cancer in the UK.
Direct marketing activity launches on October 13 through door drops, direct mail and direct response TV ads. All will focus on the real-life story of Suzie France, who talks about her experience with breast cancer.
Creative agency Arthur developed all elements of the campaign, from the TV ad to online banners, which will appear on sites such as The Sun, MSN, and AOL.
The campaign extends to press ads and outdoor ads donated by outdoor ad owner JCDecaux.
Audiences are directed to a dedicated phone line for the campaign (0800 500 800) or Macmillan's website.
The overall aim is to recruit 17,500 new supporters for Macmillan. Following a similar campaign last year with agency Jordan, Macmillan doubled its public awareness as a cancer care organization from 22% to 44%, based on a 2008 charity awareness survey by nfpSynergy.
Ali Sanders, head of brand at Macmillan Cancer Support said: "We've set ourselves a difficult ambition to reach and improve the lives of everyone living with cancer by 2010. Advertising is essential to make sure people know exactly who we are and what we do."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Junior Account Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £18000 per annum, Birmingham
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London
- Account Manager - Post Campaign Management - Ad Ops Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + bonus, London