Mobile Interactive Group tops annual Tech Track list
LONDON - Mobile Interactive Group, the parent of mobile advertising company 4th Screen Advertising, has taken top spot in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100 list, which ranks the fastest growing technology firms in the UK.
The mobile services group has experienced revenue growth at a rate of more than 400% annually since its launch in 2004.
MIG's expansion has seen turnover figures leap from £250k in 2005 to £35.8m in 2008.
During this period its team has grown from three founders, Barry Houlihan, Nick Aldridge and Anthony Nelson, to a team of 100 operating across four separate specialist businesses.
Those businesses include 4th Screen Advertising, as well as cross-platform digital services agency Jigsaw, and design agency New Toy.
MIG plans to launch a new mobile business in spring 2009 which will invest in the development of internet protocol.
The firm provides mobile billing services, applications, event and marketing services and video for a variety of clients including ITV, Channel Five, Fremantle Media, Endemol, Tesco Mobile, Virgin Media, McDonalds and Anheuser Busch among others.
Notably, it has worked with O2 and developed a service that allowed arena visitors to get tickets through their mobile phones.
Barry Houlihan, CEO, said MIG has "bold ambitions for the future."
Online DVD delivery service LoveFilm followed in second place on the Tech Track list with 240% per annum revenue growth totalling £49.3m in sales during 2007/08.
The Tech Track 100 list is now in its eighth year and is compiled by Oxford-based research company Fast Track, which also publishes top 100 lists for fastest sales, fastest profits and biggest overall companies in partnership with The Sunday Times.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Affiliate Executive - Huge Client - Global Media Agency Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum, London
- Pharmaceutical Associate/Account Director/ (Full or Part-Time) Brand Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, Bedford
- Lead Digital Web Designer: (Web, Rich Media, CMS, HTML, CSS) Creative Recruitment £33000 - £38000 per annum, London
- SEO Engineer - Leading Media Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum, London