MillerCoors kicks off $400m US media review
NEW YORK - MillerCoors is to review its $400m (£227m) US media planning and buying account in a bid to reduce costs almost a year after SABMiller and Molson Coors decided to merge.
The review has long been expected after a merger of the brewer's SABMiller Brewing and Molson Coors operations, which took effect on July 1.
The company said at the time that it expected to save $500m in costs over the first three years of the merger.
MillerCoors said the review is open only to current Miller and Coors roster shops, including Starcom, the incumbent on Miller media planning and buying; Initiative, the incumbent buyer for Coors, and Draftfcb which handles Coors' planning.
Two multicultural shops are also invited to contend -- Tapestry, which handles Miller Hispanic media planning and buying, and Bromley, the incumbent on Coors' Hispanic planning and buying. Kinetic, Coors' outdoor media buying agency, will also pitch.
The review will be overseen by Jackie Woodward, vice-president of marketing services at MillerCoors, in conjunction with agency search consultants Joanne Davis Consulting and Media IQ.
It is expected to be concluded by late November.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Director or Senior Account Director (Partnerships) air recruitment £40k-60k, Central London
- Account Manager and Senior Account Manager (Integrated) air recruitment £25k-£38k, Central London