MillerCoors kicks off $400m US media review
NEW YORK - MillerCoors is to review its $400m (£227m) US media planning and buying account in a bid to reduce costs almost a year after SABMiller and Molson Coors decided to merge.
The review has long been expected after a merger of the brewer's SABMiller Brewing and Molson Coors operations, which took effect on July 1.
The company said at the time that it expected to save $500m in costs over the first three years of the merger.
MillerCoors said the review is open only to current Miller and Coors roster shops, including Starcom, the incumbent on Miller media planning and buying; Initiative, the incumbent buyer for Coors, and Draftfcb which handles Coors' planning.
Two multicultural shops are also invited to contend -- Tapestry, which handles Miller Hispanic media planning and buying, and Bromley, the incumbent on Coors' Hispanic planning and buying. Kinetic, Coors' outdoor media buying agency, will also pitch.
The review will be overseen by Jackie Woodward, vice-president of marketing services at MillerCoors, in conjunction with agency search consultants Joanne Davis Consulting and Media IQ.
It is expected to be concluded by late November.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London