MillerCoors kicks off $400m US media review
NEW YORK - MillerCoors is to review its $400m (£227m) US media planning and buying account in a bid to reduce costs almost a year after SABMiller and Molson Coors decided to merge.
The review has long been expected after a merger of the brewer's SABMiller Brewing and Molson Coors operations, which took effect on July 1.
The company said at the time that it expected to save $500m in costs over the first three years of the merger.
MillerCoors said the review is open only to current Miller and Coors roster shops, including Starcom, the incumbent on Miller media planning and buying; Initiative, the incumbent buyer for Coors, and Draftfcb which handles Coors' planning.
Two multicultural shops are also invited to contend -- Tapestry, which handles Miller Hispanic media planning and buying, and Bromley, the incumbent on Coors' Hispanic planning and buying. Kinetic, Coors' outdoor media buying agency, will also pitch.
The review will be overseen by Jackie Woodward, vice-president of marketing services at MillerCoors, in conjunction with agency search consultants Joanne Davis Consulting and Media IQ.
It is expected to be concluded by late November.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Designer become £40-45K, Central London
- Senior Designer - Digital Agency Aquent £40-£45k, North London
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 per annum, London
- Global Innovation Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, South East region