OgilvyOne promotes King to chief executive
LONDON - OgilvyOne London has promoted its managing director Annette King to chief executive, replacing Mike Dodds, who left last month to become chief executive of Proximity London.
King has been managing director of OgilvyOne London since the beginning of this year.
However, she has worked at the agency for the past eight years, starting with a four-year stint running the Amex 360 EMEA business.
In 2005, King was promoted to client service director, with primary responsibility for new business, and shortly after this she ran the agency's digital arm, Ogilvy Interactive.
King was then promoted in November 2006 to deputy managing director and during 2007 she led the team, which won that year's biggest DM pitch for British Gas.
Prior to her arrival at Ogilvy, she worked for eight years at Wunderman, mostly in New York.
Sam Williams-Thomas, OgilvyOne London's deputy managing director, will replace King as managing director.
Paul O'Donnell, EMEA chairman of OgilvyOne Worldwide, said: "It's always a pleasure to be able to reward talent and loyalty and the promotions of Annette and Sam are an acknowledgement of their excellent records in the fields of new business and account management.
"They'll make a great team as they complement each other perfectly; they also understand the agency, its culture and the client base intimately. Both are true 'internationalists' who have made a significant impact in the UK marketplace."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London