Puma mobile campaign targets Chinese F1 fans
SINGAPORE - Puma is running a mobile campaign around the Chinese Grand Prix created by mobile agency Phonevalley, including a specially created game, a member-get-member drive and mobile coupon mechanics.
Launched the week leading up to the F1 Grand Prix race in Shanghai on Sunday, Publicis agency Phonevalley has designed a mobile campaign centred around an F1-themed Puma mobile website, which features Puma's 'F Wan' videogame racing site. In Chinese, "wan" means "play".
Designed in partnership with media agency Zenith China, the website allows users to download the F1 racing game to their mobile device, complete with in-game advertising.
Players are encouraged to submit their scores by SMS back to the Puma website with the incentive that the top three scorers each week win Puma merchandise. Prizes are also awarded for users who forward the game onto friends.
The mobile site allows gives access to a store locator that identifies the closest Puma retailer. It also provides in-store promotion details and gift coupons, including Puma F1 toys and Puma F1 mobile screensavers and wallpaper.
Banners and text links to the site will be displayed on three Chinse mobile portals -- QQ, 3g.cn and Kong.net. SMS short codes are also integrated into Puma print ads.
Alexandre Mars, CEO of Phonevalley and head of mobile for Publicis Groupe, said: "Following our recent Euro 2008 campaign for Puma, I am thrilled to pursue our mobile operations for the sport lifestyle brand in China.
"With its 600m mobile subscribers, the Chinese market is undoubtedly a fantastic opportunity for Puma to develop its mobile presence."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- PPC Senior Executive - Family Feel Media Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PPC Account Manger - Big budget client!!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Project Manager - Freelance and Perm Contracts The Industry Club London Ltd Various, London
- Brand Consultant / Strategist Royds Raphael £80k-£90k+neg dep. on experience, London