Karmarama joint venture aims to source social networks
LONDON - Creative agency Karmarama and digital developer FreshNetworks have launched a joint venture to build social networks as part of marketing campaigns for clients.
K Networks will offer all the benefits of an online customer community, integrated with a full marketing and advertising campaign.
Caroline Plumb, co-founder and chief executive of FreshNetworks said: "At FreshNetworks we're in the business of helping customers and brands talk to each other, so the joint venture with Karmarama is a logical step to deepen this relationship even further."
FreshNetworks, which was founded in 2007 as a spin-off from research and recruitment consultancy FreshMinds, builds white label social networks for brands.
The potential appeal of these networks to marketers is the possibility of gaining consumer insight, testing innovations, and stimulating brand advocacy.
What are the key ingredients of a social network community?
Nicola Mendelsohn, chairman and partner of Karmarama, said: "Karmarama was born digital, and K Networks will ensure that we continue to place online innovation at the heart of all that we do."
The client lists of the two companies covers a number of well-known brands, such as Sky, Nintendo, BT, Lastminute.com and Nationwide Insurance.
The move supports a Forrester Research prediction in February that agencies would evolve from pushing ad campaigns to nurturing communities of consumers, and matchmaking them with brands.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London