Bevan steps down as Lastminute.com UK managing director
LONDON - Lastminute.com UK business-to-consumer managing director, John Bevan, has stepped down to pursue a new career.
Lastminute.com said that a recruitment drive is now underway, looking both internally and externally for someone to replace Bevan.
Bevan had been UK B2C managing director since July 2007. He joined Lastminute.com in 2004 when it purchased Online Travel Group and held a variety of roles starting with holiday director, before taking responsibility for flights and then assuming the role of travel director.
Simon Thompson, Lastminute.com's group managing director and chief marketer, has taken responsibility for the UK until a full-time replacement is appointed.
Ian McCraig, cheif executive of Lastminute.com, said: "John and I have worked extremely closely together over the past 15 months. He has been a pivotal figure in building the company during this time. I want to thank John and wish him well for the future."
Last month Karmarama was appointed to handle the £13m UK advertising account for Lastminute.com, Travelocity and Holiday Autos following a three-way pitch against WCRS and Brooklyn Brothers.
Lastminute.com also hired Match.com marketing director Abbie Cranage last month as its head of marketing, replacing Fleur Studd.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London