Bevan steps down as Lastminute.com UK managing director
LONDON - Lastminute.com UK business-to-consumer managing director, John Bevan, has stepped down to pursue a new career.
Lastminute.com said that a recruitment drive is now underway, looking both internally and externally for someone to replace Bevan.
Bevan had been UK B2C managing director since July 2007. He joined Lastminute.com in 2004 when it purchased Online Travel Group and held a variety of roles starting with holiday director, before taking responsibility for flights and then assuming the role of travel director.
Simon Thompson, Lastminute.com's group managing director and chief marketer, has taken responsibility for the UK until a full-time replacement is appointed.
Ian McCraig, cheif executive of Lastminute.com, said: "John and I have worked extremely closely together over the past 15 months. He has been a pivotal figure in building the company during this time. I want to thank John and wish him well for the future."
Last month Karmarama was appointed to handle the £13m UK advertising account for Lastminute.com, Travelocity and Holiday Autos following a three-way pitch against WCRS and Brooklyn Brothers.
Lastminute.com also hired Match.com marketing director Abbie Cranage last month as its head of marketing, replacing Fleur Studd.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER- Fashion retailer Success Digital £65000 per annum, London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall