Olins named chief executive of WARC
LONDON - Rufus Olins, managing director of Haymarket Brand Media, has been named chief executive of the World Advertising Research Center (WARC).
Olins will leave Haymarket, publisher of Brand Republic, at the end of the year to take up the role at the advertising and media intelligence service, warc.com.
He leaves Haymarket after ten years having joined the company from The Sunday Times in 1998 with the task of relaunching Management Today. The successful revamp of the title won him the accolades of PPA and BSME business editor of the year.
From Management Today, Olins moved across to the commercial side of the business, becoming managing director of Haymarket Management Publications in 2003, heading up MT and Campaign as well as launching weekly charity magazine Third Sector.
In 2005, Olins took charge of Haymarket's marketing and media titles as managing director of Haymarket Brand Media, which coincided with the arrival and revamp of Media Week bought from Quantum Business Media.
During his three years running Brand Media, Olins has overseen relaunches of Campaign, Marketing, PR Week and Brand Republic.
Olins is a member of the Haymarket group board and recently saw the expansion of his division with the addition of nine new titles, including Human Resources.
Olins said: "I have a deep affection for the people and the brands at Haymarket and have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. I am only leaving because the attraction of running a digital information business such as WARC was too much for me to resist. Haymarket is a great company and I thank Haymarket and my colleagues for the wealth of experiences I have had here."
His arrival at WARC comes as Robin Sutton, current managing director of the group, takes a planned retirement over the next eighteen months, handing over operational control of the business to Olins.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London