Mothercare exports Gurgle to US and India
LONDON - Mothercare is testing international demand for its products and services with US and India versions of its Gurgle website.
The new social networking sites will provide links to the Mothercare's main e-commerce website, although the company has denied it is seeking to roll out new standalone stores in the US.
In India, Mothercare plans to increase the number of stores from 20 to 100 over the next five years.
The company has tailored the new Gurgle websites for the specific US and Indian markets, and its UK site, launched last year, currently has 70,000 members.
Ben Gordon, Mothercare chief executive, said: "Gurgle could be a global concept, its content is getting better and better."
Mothercare reported total group sales had increased by 9.9% in the 28 weeks leading up to October 11, including 0.8% growth in the UK and 9% internationally.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Commercial Product Marketing Manager - Gaming Lipton Fleming £45000.00 per annum + Bonus and company benefits, London
- Studio and Resource Manager £30-40 Gabriele Skelton £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Marketing Services Manager Adam Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, Cheshire