Mothercare exports Gurgle to US and India
LONDON - Mothercare is testing international demand for its products and services with US and India versions of its Gurgle website.
The new social networking sites will provide links to the Mothercare's main e-commerce website, although the company has denied it is seeking to roll out new standalone stores in the US.
In India, Mothercare plans to increase the number of stores from 20 to 100 over the next five years.
The company has tailored the new Gurgle websites for the specific US and Indian markets, and its UK site, launched last year, currently has 70,000 members.
Ben Gordon, Mothercare chief executive, said: "Gurgle could be a global concept, its content is getting better and better."
Mothercare reported total group sales had increased by 9.9% in the 28 weeks leading up to October 11, including 0.8% growth in the UK and 9% internationally.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Brand Strategy Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £43000 - £48000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London