Mothercare exports Gurgle to US and India
LONDON - Mothercare is testing international demand for its products and services with US and India versions of its Gurgle website.
The new social networking sites will provide links to the Mothercare's main e-commerce website, although the company has denied it is seeking to roll out new standalone stores in the US.
In India, Mothercare plans to increase the number of stores from 20 to 100 over the next five years.
The company has tailored the new Gurgle websites for the specific US and Indian markets, and its UK site, launched last year, currently has 70,000 members.
Ben Gordon, Mothercare chief executive, said: "Gurgle could be a global concept, its content is getting better and better."
Mothercare reported total group sales had increased by 9.9% in the 28 weeks leading up to October 11, including 0.8% growth in the UK and 9% internationally.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London