Telegraph website to show The Onion election specials
LONDON - The Telegraph Media Group has signed a content distribution deal with Myvideorights.com to publish 18 US election special videos from satirical US outlet The Onion.
The partnership gives the Telegraph the rights to broadcast The Onion News Networks's 'War for the White House' videos on Telegraph TV.
ONN is a 24-hour video news network producing satirical footage of current events, both real and imagined. It parodies news networks such as CNN, FOX and ABC, with much of its humour stemming from interviews and news footage of current events.
The Telegraph's website currently hosts thirteen ONN videos, with a further five new episodes to be published as the election race intensifies.
Marcus Warren, editor of TCUK, said: "Telegraph.co.uk is offering top quality news, analysis and comment during the US elections and our politically savvy users can now enjoy ONN's hilarious take on the battle for the White House as well."
Ashley Mackenzie, CEO of Myvideorights.com, said: "'War for the White House' has a huge relevance at the moment and we are delighted to have been able to cement a deal between two very relevant partners by offering such high quality, rights-cleared content."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex