BR Video: Bond's back but which brands are most associated with 007?
LONDON - Aston Martin and Omega watches are the brands most associated with James Bond according to members of the public interviewed in the latest Brand Republic Video -- watch it now.
Ahead of the release of the latest film today, 'Quantum of Solace', Brand Republic challenged people to name brands they link to the spy franchise and say which one they thought was the most successful in exploiting the 007 association.
The products they most associated with the films were cars and watches, in particular Aston Martin and Omega. Other brands to get a mention included Rolex, Sony Ericsson and 7Up.
There has been intense marketing activity for all manner of products around the sequel to 'Casino Royale' over the last few weeks, from televisions to mobile phones, perfumes and soft drinks, with Avon, Ford, Sony, Heineken, and Coca Cola all getting in on the 007 Bond act.
Earlier this month, Sony Ericsson launched a global digital campaign to promote its C902 Titanium Silver Cyber-shot phone, which is used by Daniel Craig in the film.
The campaign includes an interactive game that puts a player's secret agent skills to the test across four missions. Upon successful completion of each level, the site delivers a code, which players can use to unlock exclusive mobile phone applications.
Fallon has created a Sony HD TV spot to tie in with the film, which sees Daniel Craig attempting to remain in one spot while debris hits him from a series of dramatic explosions. It ends with the strap line "Bond in Sony High Definition".
Other tie-ins with the latest movie include Coke Zero which launched a Zero Zero 7 Bond ad, featuring an instrumental version of the new theme tune by Jack White from The White Stripes.
The TV and cinema ad, created by Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam, pays homage to the classic Bond film intro sequence, with the gun barrel tracking Bond across the screen.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire