Cadbury launches CSR website
LONDON - Cadbury is launching a corporate social responsibility website called DearCadbury.com that aims to engage consumers about ethical sourcing, responsible consumption and the environment.
DearCadbury.com, which launches today, is targeted at consumers, schools and Cadbury employees.
The site features Cadbury's 2007/08 corporate responsibility and sustainability report, which highlights the sustainable activities that the confectionery giant has integrated within its mainstream business.
Alex Cole, Cadbury global affairs director, said: "We have created an interactive asset that reaches beyond responsible investors and analysts. Dearcadbury.com is about sharing our views and contributing to the public debate on ethical sourcing, responsible consumption and the environment."
Dear Cadbury's branding was created by social enterprise consultancy GoodBrand & Company.
The site's launch comes as Cadbury seeks to restore trust in its brand following last year's damaging salmonella outbreak and Trident gum ad racism row.
The salmonella outbreak occurred in Cadbury's Herefordshire plant early last year, leading to the recall of more than a million chocolate bars in the UK. It left 42 people ill and landed the company with a £1m fine for food and hygiene malpractice.
That same year the confectionery giant launched the controversial 'Mastication for the nation' ad campaign. The ads aired across TV and cinema featuring black and white people speaking with strong Caribbean accents.
More than 500 viewers complained to the ASA that the ads played to offensive stereotypes and ridiculed black or Caribbean people. The campaign was subsequently banned for being racist and offensive.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Creative Artworker: InDesign,Illustrator,Photoshop,Typography Creative Recruitment £26000 - £30000 per annum, Surrey
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London