UAE's The National launches Saturday edition
ABU DHABI - The National, the United Arab Emirates newspaper launched by former Daily Telegraph editor Martin Newland, is expanding to a Saturday edition to complement the five weekday editions it launched with earlier this year.
The National on Saturday, which will be edited by Burhan Wazir, will first hit newsstands on November 15 and will feature a 24-page news section carrying stories, opinion and analysis.
The National was launched in April with five editions a week after eight months of preparation. It has a 200-strong team of journalists based across the United Arab Emirates and foreign bureaux across the globe.
The paper's new Saturday edition will contain a number of specialist sections, including motoring, sport, travel, personal finance and house and home. The weekend paper will include a glossy lifestyle magazine called m.
Newland said: "We're extending our brand of quality content and have recruited a dedicated, experienced new team for The National on Saturday to create a compelling and comprehensive read on Saturday that fits into the lifestyle, priorities and pace of life."
The Abu Dhabi Media Company claims that the Saturday edition of the paper will provide better commercial opportunities for advertisers.
Newland added: "We'll focus on stories that resonate with everyone living in the Emirates: news, sport cards, personal finance, travel, house and home and fashion. It's a big package of quality journalism which provides a sophisticated narrative of the UAE and the Middle East, with a notable and confident point of view."
The National, part of the Abu Dhabi Media Company, is owned by an investment fund controlled by the government of Abu Dhabi, the largest emirate in the UAE.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire