UAE's The National launches Saturday edition
ABU DHABI - The National, the United Arab Emirates newspaper launched by former Daily Telegraph editor Martin Newland, is expanding to a Saturday edition to complement the five weekday editions it launched with earlier this year.
The National on Saturday, which will be edited by Burhan Wazir, will first hit newsstands on November 15 and will feature a 24-page news section carrying stories, opinion and analysis.
The National was launched in April with five editions a week after eight months of preparation. It has a 200-strong team of journalists based across the United Arab Emirates and foreign bureaux across the globe.
The paper's new Saturday edition will contain a number of specialist sections, including motoring, sport, travel, personal finance and house and home. The weekend paper will include a glossy lifestyle magazine called m.
Newland said: "We're extending our brand of quality content and have recruited a dedicated, experienced new team for The National on Saturday to create a compelling and comprehensive read on Saturday that fits into the lifestyle, priorities and pace of life."
The Abu Dhabi Media Company claims that the Saturday edition of the paper will provide better commercial opportunities for advertisers.
Newland added: "We'll focus on stories that resonate with everyone living in the Emirates: news, sport cards, personal finance, travel, house and home and fashion. It's a big package of quality journalism which provides a sophisticated narrative of the UAE and the Middle East, with a notable and confident point of view."
The National, part of the Abu Dhabi Media Company, is owned by an investment fund controlled by the government of Abu Dhabi, the largest emirate in the UAE.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Creative Artworker: InDesign,Illustrator,Photoshop,Typography Creative Recruitment £26000 - £30000 per annum, Surrey
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London