Espotting founder Seb Bishop takes international CEO role at (Red)
LONDON - Seb Bishop, the one time ad agency art director and founder of pay-per-click ad firm Espotting, has been appointed the chief executive of the international operations of (Red), the brand set up to help raise funds to fight Aids in Africa.
The international role covers Europe and reports in to Susan Smith-Ellis, CEO of (Red) worldwide.
Bishop, who is chairman of Steak Media and also sits on the board of Future, will focus initially on raising awareness of (Red) in UK and the rest of Europe, increasing the number of partners and finding ways of increasing the contributions made by the brand to the Global Fund it supports.
(Red) initially garnered a huge amount of publicity because of its co-founder, U2 singer Bono, and its association with a number of sexy product launches from Apple, American Express and Motorola.
It has since been criticised for failing to raise much money -- although (Red) says that in three years, $112m has been donated to the Global Fund.
Bishop became involved after appearing on the Channel 4 programme 'Millionaires Mission' in 2007, which showed eight entrepreneurs in Uganda trying to share their skills with local business owners.
Before founding Espotting, which later became Miva, Bishop held roles at Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe and Y&R London, and worked on campaigns for Coca-Cola and Renault. He started his career at Publicis as an art director.
Bono said: "Seb's the perfect man to help the (Red) team build on its success of delivering $112m already to the fight against Aids in Africa. And (Red)'s just getting started in Europe -- with Seb at the international helm, 2009 looks like a promising year."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London