AOL brings global Autoblog to UK
LONDON - AOL has launched a motoring industry blog in the UK, following the international expansion of its other Weblog brands across Europe.
Autoblog UK, also rolled out in dedicated French and German sites, covers automotive news around the globe and receives over 2.2m unique visitors each month to its US site.
Each international site has a local editorial team that creates specialised content as well as taking syndicated content from the US and the other Autoblog sites.
The website will include reports from motor shows in Geneva, Los Angeles, Paris and Frankfurt, as well as industry news and a large photo database.
Autoblog will also offer advertisers standard or customised local ad packages.
The launch also includes a partnership with AOL Autos, which will provide users virtual window-shopping offers with AOL Autos' buying information.
Brad Hill, director at AOL Weblogs, said: "Autoblog is a must read for anyone who is into cars and wants to get the latest industry and consumer news and views.
"We're excited to take our leading franchise internationally and believe Autoblog.com's unique voice and extensive coverage will resonate with consumers and advertisers across the globe, just as it has in the US"
The news follows the launch of other AOL Weblog sites such as Engadget, the consumer technology blog, recently launched in Poland, Germany and South Korea, and Asylum, the men's lifestyle blog, which also launched in France and Germany.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Brand Consultant / Strategist Royds Raphael £80k-£90k+neg dep. on experience, London
- Senior Account Manager - Account Manager - Branding, Contract & Permanent Royds Raphael £38k-£44k / £170-£190 day rate. Permanent and/or contract role, London
- Head of Lead Generation - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum to £60,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Midlands