Orascom going ahead with review of $400m media account
LONDON - Egyptian telecoms company Orascom is moving ahead with a review of its media account.
The process initially began in January but stalled in the summer as the economic crisis worsened.
An appointment is expected in December, with those invited to pitch thought to include WPP Group's combined media agency Group M along with Universal McCann, owned by Interpublic.
The pitch is being overseen by Orascom chairman Naguib Sawaris, the Egyptian billionaire who owns the majority of the company. Consultancy firm Booz & Co was hired to help manage the pitch process.
Orascom owns the mobile operator Wind Italy and Wind Greece, which is where the majority of the media budget is spent, and the focus of the first round of pitching.
Other markets to follow are Algeria, Pakistan and Bangladesh, with billings for the five markets expected to be worth more than $400m (£277m).
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Recruitment Consultant Michael Page Digital £25000 - £3000 per annum, Kingston upon Thames
- Senior Community Manager Michael Page Digital £25000 - £45000 per annum, West End
- Online Marketing Manager Michael Page Digital £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Client Director Michael Page Digital £50000 - £55000 per annum, Leeds
- Senior Marketing Executive Network Marketing £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London