Survivors debuts with 6.5m viewers on BBC One
LONDON - BBC One's new drama 'Survivors' kicked off with 6.5m viewers on Sunday night but was beaten by ITV1's 'I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!' which pulled in 7.6m, according to unofficial overnight figures.
'Survivors', following the lonely few who have survived after a devastating virus wiped out most of the world's population, attracted a 25.4% share of the 9pm to 10.30pm audience.
The six-part drama, starring Julie Graham from 'Bonekickers' as a mum on a mission and Max Beesley as a murderous escaped prisoner, continues on Tuesday night.
It was beaten by 'I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!' which drew 7.6m viewers and a 29.7% share to ITV1 as people tuned in to witness Timmy Mallett lying in a bed of "jungle critters" to win meals for the camp.
Duncan Bannatyne's story about growing up in the shadow of the shipyards of Clydebank on BBC Two's 'Dragon's Den: The Dragons' Stories' pulled in 2.9m viewers and an 11% share of the 9pm to 10pm audience.
Five's airing of Will Smith film 'Bad Boys II' netted 1.3m viewers and a 7.7% share of the 9pm to 11.45pm audience beating Channel 4's John Cleese comedy 'Rat Race' which attracted 900,000 viewers (3.3%). Including Channel 4+1 figures it reached 1.1m.
Earlier in the evening the 'Strictly Come Dancing' results show, which saw Jodie Kidd leave after a dance-off against fellow model Lisa Snowdon, attracted 10.2m viewers and a 35.4% share of the 8.15pm to 9pm audience.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Technical SEO Specialist - £32k + benefits - chance to join leading independent media agency in heart of London! SYLEX Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London ...
- Digital Planner- Charity brands Dynamic New Alliances £55000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Suffolk
- Account Director - RTB Accord Group Limited c. £40,000 per annum, Central London WC1A 1DG