Survivors debuts with 6.5m viewers on BBC One
LONDON - BBC One's new drama 'Survivors' kicked off with 6.5m viewers on Sunday night but was beaten by ITV1's 'I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!' which pulled in 7.6m, according to unofficial overnight figures.
'Survivors', following the lonely few who have survived after a devastating virus wiped out most of the world's population, attracted a 25.4% share of the 9pm to 10.30pm audience.
The six-part drama, starring Julie Graham from 'Bonekickers' as a mum on a mission and Max Beesley as a murderous escaped prisoner, continues on Tuesday night.
It was beaten by 'I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!' which drew 7.6m viewers and a 29.7% share to ITV1 as people tuned in to witness Timmy Mallett lying in a bed of "jungle critters" to win meals for the camp.
Duncan Bannatyne's story about growing up in the shadow of the shipyards of Clydebank on BBC Two's 'Dragon's Den: The Dragons' Stories' pulled in 2.9m viewers and an 11% share of the 9pm to 10pm audience.
Five's airing of Will Smith film 'Bad Boys II' netted 1.3m viewers and a 7.7% share of the 9pm to 11.45pm audience beating Channel 4's John Cleese comedy 'Rat Race' which attracted 900,000 viewers (3.3%). Including Channel 4+1 figures it reached 1.1m.
Earlier in the evening the 'Strictly Come Dancing' results show, which saw Jodie Kidd leave after a dance-off against fellow model Lisa Snowdon, attracted 10.2m viewers and a 35.4% share of the 8.15pm to 9pm audience.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London
- Senior Manager - CRM Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45,000 - £50,000, Central London