Trouble in the jungle helps I'm a Celeb fly high
LONDON - Grouchy bickering stars helped ITV1's 'I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here' to an audience of 8.6m last night, more than 3m ahead of BBC One's ratings banker 'Spooks', according to unofficial overnight figures.
The latest series of the jungle reality show is holding viewers' interest with a combustible atmosphere as glamour model Nicola McLean bickered with Timmy Mallett and David van Day, and the other D-listers continued to rub each other up the wrong way.
Last night's 9pm-10pm episode pulled in 400,000 more viewers than last Monday's and achieved a 34.3% share of viewing.
'Spooks' also improved on last Monday's ratings of 5m, registering 5.4m viewers and a 21.5% share last night.
Channel 4 is banking on a new documentary series with 'Time Team' presenter Tony Robinson for the next few Monday nights.
'Catastrophe', which looked at the theory that life on Earth was shaped by the impact of a collision with another planet four and a half billion years ago, started its run with 1.9m viewers (with another 100,000 for its outing on Channel 4+1) and a 7.6% share.
This was enough to beat BBC Two's 'World War II Behind Closed Doors', which managed 1.5m viewers and a 5.8% share.
Five's endurance challenge series 'Unbreakable' ended its run last night with 500,000 viewers and a 1.9% share, after launching with 900,000 viewers at the start of October.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London