Ogilvy appoints Tham as worldwide creative director
NEW YORK - Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide has named Khai Meng Tham as its worldwide creative director and chairman of its worldwide creative council.
Tham has been co-chairman and regional executive creative director for Ogilvy & Mather Asia Pacific since 1999.
During that period, the agency has been consistently recognised as one of the most creative networks in the Asian region, winning Campaign Brief Asia's creative network of the year for seven consecutive years.
Tham, a Singaporean, will divide his time from the beginning of next year between New York and the rest of the world. He will continue to have a supervisory role over Asia.
Shelly Lazarus, chairman and CEO of Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide, said: "Khai's record speaks for itself. He gets results. He believes in great work that works. And above all, he is an Ogilvy 'gentleman with brains' to his bones."
Tham said: "I'm honoured to take on this worldwide role. I believe opportunities abound in these frightening yet very exciting times.
"The marvellous thing is that I shall continue to work with Miles Young who will be taking on the new global CEO role in January. We've been a team in Asia for a long time, and we both reckon that renewing our partnership will make for some spectacular success on the bigger stage."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London