Royal Mail dispatches first commercial Matter box
LONDON - Royal Mail is sending out its first commercial Matter box, a unique direct marketing initiative containing free branded objects, to 30,000 UK households over the weekend.
The box will contain a DVD cleaning cloth provided by LoveFilm, a roaring fireplace DVD by Diageo, an O2 SIM card pack, bath products by Original Source, a Cadbury granola bar and book samples from Harper Collins and BBC Audio Books.
The Matter box concept, created by Matter Media, was tested earlier this year when Royal Mail sent out 1,000 boxes to UK males. The buzz this generated provoked mentions on more than 100 blogs and websites and prompted more than 65,000 people to register to receive the box.
Antony Miller, head of media business development at Royal Mail, said: "Advertisers are no longer able to rely only on consumers seeing or hearing their messages to boost sales -- they now have to really engage people to stand out."
Tim Milne, from Matter Media, said: "Interest in Matter has been phenomenal from consumers and brands since the first box was delivered.
"The beauty of packaging and delivering an endless variety of tangible objects such as these, lies in getting brands into the homes and hands of people. Subscribers look forward to receiving and keeping the items, or passing them on to family and friends."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Comms Account Manager- HUGE travel client £37K Ultimate Asset £35000 - £37000 per annum, City of London