Unite launches online version of member magazine
LONDON - Trade union Unite has appointed digital and data specialist Howse Jackson Marketing to create an online version of its United magazine.
The e-magazine will use Howse Jackson's digital software platform and will be distributed via email to an initial trial readership of 120,000.
The magazine will feature articles as well as interactive content such as videos, games and puzzles.
Ian Jackson, Howse Jackson's head of digital, said: "With 2m members, Unite is the largest trade union in Britain and its magazine has a huge circulation.
"By creating a digital version, the trade union has shown that not only is it pioneering and progressive, but also environmentally forward thinking."
Dai Davies, head of publications of Unite, said: "Unite is the largest trade union in Europe and we have recently taken a huge step forward in our communication strategy with members, by creating a digital membership magazine.
"This step -- unprecedented for trade unions -- was one which we took carefully, but with the excellent support, consideration and confidence given to us by the team at Howse Jackson Marketing, we have never looked back."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London