Urquhart Knopf named as new head of Heavy Worldwide
NEW YORK - Men's video website site Heavy.com has promoted David Urquhart Knopf as managing director of Heavy Worldwide.
Urquhart Knopf will oversee all revenue streams at Heavy across the US, Australia, Canada and the UK.
He previously served as vice-president and general manager of Heavy Canada, where he managed all revenue, ad sales, affiliate relations, content development, licensing and distribution.
Urquhart Knopf was also responsible for opening Heavy's Toronto office, the first one for the company outside of its New York City headquarters.
Prior to Heavy, Urquhart Knopf launched and managed Standard Interactive, the interactive media division for Canada's largest private broadcast company, Standard Broadcasting.
He has also held international management positions at several other media companies, including Promenade Magazine, UGO Networks, Shift Multimedia and Time Warner.
Simon Assaad, co-founder and co-chief executive of Heavy, said: "David did wonders with the launch of Heavy Canada, producing figures that exceeded our wildest expectations.
"It is our pleasure to expand his role and name him managing director of Heavy Worldwide, which includes Australia, Canada and the United Kingdom."
Heavy.com is targeted at 18-49 year-old men. Its advertisers include Unilever, Virgin Mobile, Warner Brothers, Burger King, Mercedes, Toyota and Sony.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London