Paddick's night behind bars draws 8.1m to the jungle
LONDON - Former police chief Brian Paddick's night behind bars with rats and cockroaches attracted 8.1m viewers to ITV1's 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!', according to unofficial overnight figures.
Paddick spent a night in jungle prison with 40 rats and cockroaches trying to win the ingredients for a cooked breakfast for his fellow celebrities but still received the fewest number of votes from viewers and was booted off the show last night.
The former London mayoral candidate's exit from the jungle attracted 8.1m viewers and a 32.6% share of the 8.30pm to 10pm audience, winning the prime-time slot for ITV1.
The penultimate episode of the current series of BBC One's spy drama 'Spooks', starring Peter Firth and Hermione Norris, came in second in the ratings battle, pulling in 5.1m viewers and a 20.4% share of the 9pm-10pm audience.
The second episode of Channel 4's science series 'Catastrophe', presented by Tony Robinson, netted 1.5m viewers and a 6.1% share in the same slot. Including Channel 4+1 figures it reached 1.7m viewers.
Last night's episode, called 'Snowball Earth', looked at the ice age which hit Earth 650m years ago and how life managed to survive it.
BBC Two's 'World War II Behind Closed Doors' drama documentary, which last night focused on the Soviet recapture of territory in eastern Poland from the Nazis, attracted 1.4m viewers and a 5.4% share of the 9pm-10pm audience.
Five's 'Sex, Drugs and Rock n Roll: The 60s Revealed' documentary series, featuring unseen footage of interviews with 60s stars then and now, debuted with 1.1m viewers and a 4.3% share of the audience.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London