Heineken extends rugby sponsorship to 2013
LONDON - Heineken has extended its sponsorship of European club rugby tournament the Heineken Cup for another four years until 2013.
Heineken first joined forces with the European Rugby Cup on November 1, 1995, the day after the first game had been played.
The first tournament consisted of 12 teams from five countries with a total of 15 matches played. The Heineken Cup now features 24 teams from six nations (England, France, Ireland, Italy, Scotland and Wales) competing over 79 matches to be crowned "Champions of Europe".
Jean-Pierre Lux, ERC chairman, said: "The partnership between ERC and Heineken has grown to be something very, very special in rugby union. With the support of Heineken we have nurtured the Heineken Cup and created a tournament which has earned the respect and admiration of the rugby playing world."
Didier Debrosse, Heineken regional president western Europe, said: "The Heineken Cup has achieved positive growth, awareness and prestige each year since its foundation in November 1995. It is a pleasure for Heineken to continue to bring this unique, qualitative, and passionate rugby experience to all its supporters across Europe and beyond."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London