Mobile internet users spending up to 2.5 hours online
LONDON - The average mobile internet user is surfing around 160 mobile web pages per day, while heavy users are logging in up to 10 times per day and spending up to 2.5 hours online, according to research.
The survey, carried out by mobile social network Itsmy.com among 15,000 of its users worldwide, found that only one third of all respondents were reducing their mobile internet time to save money during the current economic crisis.
Users were spending most of their time online writing and checking emails and personal messages, finding out what their friends were doing and uploading pictures and videos.
More than 90% of respondents said they would increase their mobile internet usage even further if they could access reasonably priced flat rates, higher network speeds and faster phones with longer battery lives.
Antonio Vince Staybl, chief executive of itsmy.com, said: "Mobile phone usage is 'growing up' and changes communication with friends and family, as well as the traditional internet usage dramatically.
"Conventional entertainment and communication will become more personal and bigger than ever and come together on one digital media device."
The worldwide survey was conducted in mobile internet amongst 15,000 active itsmy.com users, aged between 16 and 52 years, between September and November 2008.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Sales Account Manager - Advertising Technology Business Silverdrum £30,000 + bonus + benefits, London