'I'm a Celeb' final nets 10.1m viewers as Joe Swash is crowned King of the Jungle
LONDON - A peak audience of 10.1m viewers watched Friday's final of 'I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!' on ITV1, as former EastEnders' actor Joe Swash was crowned King of the Jungle.
The final captured a 43% share of the audience between 8.30pm and 10.30pm, with Swash beating former tennis player Martina Navratilova in the final.
The two-hour instalment was watched by an average audience of 9.1m viewers and a 39% share of the audience.
The eighth series of 'I'm A Celebrity...' averaged more than 8.2m viewers across its run, making it the most-watched series of the show since 2005. It averaged more than a million viewers more last year.
On Saturday, 'The X Factor' managed to defeat BBC One's 'Strictly Come Dancing' in the ratings battle.
The ITV1 singing talent show attracted 11.6m viewers who watched the four semi-finalists compete for a place in the final, taking a 46% share of the audience between 7pm and 8.15pm.
Meanwhile, the BBC's celebrity dance competition saw 10.2m viewers tune into the quarter final, with a 43.4% ratings share between 6.05-7.25pm.
The two shows are not often on the television schedule at the same time, but due to ITV airing 'The British Comedy Awards' live, 'X Factor's' main show was screened earlier, clashing with 'Strictly'.
'The X Factor' results were shown on ITV between 8.45pm-9.15pm, earning 11.2m viewers as Diana Vickers was voted off the show, with a 44% share of the audience during this part of the show.
The second episode of BBC One's crime drama 'Wallander', in which stage and screen actor Kenneth Branagh plays a Swedish detective, won the battle of the ratings last night with 5.6m viewers and a 23.1% share of the audience between 9-10.30pm.
A Louis Theroux documentary, entitled 'Law and Disorder in Johan', brought BBC Two 3.6m viewers and a 14.1% share of the audience in the 9-10pm slot.
ITV1 followed the ratings success of Friday's final of 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!', with a 'Coming Out' show in which the contestants are shown going back to their normal lives. It had 5.8m viewers and a 23.9% share of the audience at 9pm.
Channel 4's 'Bring Back... Dallas', a programme following presenter Justin Lee Collins as he attempts to reunite the original cast of legendary soap 'Dallas', pulled in 800,000 viewers and a 2.8% share of the audience between 8.30-10pm. Including viewers on Channel 4+1, it had 800,000 viewers and a 3.1% share.
Five screened 1995 Sean Connery thriller 'Just Cause' in the 9-11.05pm slot, with 1.1m viewers and a 5.1% share of the audience.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London