Spooks bows out on top with 6m viewers
LONDON - BBC One returned to the top of the primetime ratings table post 'I'm a Celebrity...' with 'Spooks' beating ITV1's 'Taggart' by 1.1m viewers, according to unofficial overnight figures.
The seventh series of 'Spooks' finished its eight-episode run with 6m viewers and a 25% share, having started with 5.5m and a 23.3% share back in October.
The show finished on a cliffhanger after the team had dealt with a nuclear threat to London and the death of another character -- the third in the current series.
In the same 9pm-10pm slot 'Taggart' notched up 4.9m viewers, and a 20.5% share, with an episode about the murders of a Polish security guard and a woman hotel worker.
The remaining three terrestrial channels were fairly evenly matched, each registering more than a million viewers.
Channel 4 led with 6.6% of the audience tuning in for Tony Robinson-fronted science documentary series 'Catastrophe'. It brought in 1.6m viewers with another 200,000 catching its outing on Channel 4+1.
BBC Two drew 1.3m viewers, 5.4% of the audience, with 'World War II Behind Closed Doors', which finishes next Monday.
Five managed 1.1m and a 4.5% share with documentary 'Sex, Drugs and Rock 'n' Roll: The 60s Revealed'.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Executive air recruitment Up to £22K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, Central London