Vestas sponsors CNN natural resources documentary
LONDON - Vestas Wind Systems, the Danish energy company, is culminating its 2008 partnership with CNN International with a multi-platform sponsorship of its 'Planet in Peril: Battlelines' documentary.
Vestas' sponsorship of the programme, which premieres on December 12 on CNN's feeds in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, includes 10-second idents and ads within each break.
'Planet in Peril: Battlelines', a sequel to CNN's 2007 'Planet in Peril' documentary, provides a two-hour examination of the conflict between growing populations and the world's natural resources.
Vestas will also sponsor the 'Planet in Peril' microsite with banner ads visible to users in Europe, the US, India and China.
The site offers a companion special report, complete with interactive maps that enable users to pin-point environmental battle lines across the eight countries on four continents examined in the documentary.
It also includes photo galleries, audio slideshows, video blogs, commentaries and an 'Impact Your World' section that guides users to various charities across the world dedicated to protecting and preserving the environment.
Throughout the year Vestas has had an on-air presence around the weekly 'Planet in Peril' editorial features as well as 60-second sponsorship spots visible internationally.
Max Raven, senior vice-president of advertising sales at CNN, said: "This is a superbly shot, powerful piece of programming.
"We're proud to revisit our commitment to the issues explored and we look forward to seeing Vestas realise the commercial benefits of the association."
CNN said that it has seen increasing commercial interest from the energy sector. This year it has partnered with Shell, alternative energy company Suzlon and Italian power company Enel.
In September it reported a record 250% rise in energy sector advertisers on CNN from both traditional and renewable energy companies since 2003.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London