Bebo helps users pool web activity in one place
LONDON - Bebo has released a new social media tool, Social Inbox, which collects and organises feeds from Twitter, Flickr, Del.icio.us and other online services such as Gmail, Yahoo!, AOL Mail, and YouTube.
Bebo said the new platform solves the "main problem facing consumers online, namely, a cluttered social networking experience".
Social Inbox pools updates and information from other sites into one place, based on technology from newly acquired company Social Thing.
Social feeds can be organised in chronological order and grouped by person, and will also include a localised RSS feed reader for global news.
The site also provides one-click access to major e-mail servers, Gmail, Yahoo! and AOL, where users can preview their e-mail without having to go from site to site.
A media favourites section also lists what friends are watching and listening to, pulling content from Bebo's extensive online media collection, with programming from over 500 media companies including MTV, ESPN, CBS and BBC.
Joanna Shields, president of AOL People Networks, said: "People want the ability to stay in-touch with their contacts in real-time wherever their friends may be across the Web.
"The current fragmented social networking environment makes keeping up-to-date with others increasingly difficult. Bebo's new Social Inbox is our first step in solving this problem."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London