MTV and Vodafone launch unsigned act competition
LONDON - Vodafone has teamed up with MTV for a band competition aimed at finding the next big unsigned act.
The winner of the Vodafone Soundbites Fast-track competition will win the opportunity to record a single and a professionally produced music video, which will be aired on MTV and distributed through Vodafone's mobile network, Live!.
Over the next four weeks, any unsigned band or artist from 26 countries can upload their best original track to the Vodafone Soundbites website, along with photographs and profiles.
From January 7, MTV viewers will vote for their favourite and select the top 20. The winner will then be hand picked by a panel of industry experts.
The competition will be supported by an MTV marketing campaign with ads running online and on TV across 26 countries.
Jules Robinson, senior vice president at Viacom Brand Solutions International, said: "Empowering the consumer to select the future of new music talent across the world is an exciting and unique opportunity."
Vodafone has worked with MTV in the past to promote its online music channel Soundbites, and a MySpace community 'Music Reporter'.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- account manager Twist Recruitment £25000 - £27000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Media Manager - Client side PFJ £45000 - £55000 per annum + Car allowance, London
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Middleweight Designer Dahling Ltd circa £35K + benefits, Central London
- Client Facing Project Manager Twist Recruitment £24000 - £27000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Midweight- senior Digital Project Manager Twist Recruitment £35000 - £55000 per annum + bonus, City of London