ITV1's Cops With Cameras bring in 4.7m
LONDON - ITV1's 'Cops With Cameras' topped the primetime ratings last night, coming in 2.5m viewers ahead of BBC One's documentary about a soldier fighting in Afghanistan, according to unofficial overnight figures.
The police footage was by far the most popular programme at 9pm-10pm, with a 21.7% share of viewing.
BBC One achieved 10% with its sobering 'Jack: A Soldier's Story', which followed 24-year-old Lance Corporal Jack Mizon of the Grenadier Guards through a tour of duty in Afghanistan and back home.
Just 2.2m tuned in, much lower than the channel's typical ratings in this slot, and just above the 2.1m (9.5%) that picked BBC Two's 'Heroes' at 9pm-9.45pm.
Channel 4's historical drama 'The Devil's Whore' concluded its four-part run with 1.8m viewers, an 8.4% share, on the main channel, and another 86,000 on Channel 4+1.
Five scored a lowly 691,000 in the 9pm slot, but almost doubled its audience to 1.3m in the 10pm-11pm slot.
Its first offering was 'Dangerous Adventures for Boys', showing Lord Charlie Brockett and his son learning the skills of World War II spies, giving it a 3.1% share.
The second programme was 'The Cheryl Cole Factor', a documentary examining the rise and rise of the Newcastle girl from Girls Aloud, from singer to Premiership wag and 'X Factor' judge.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Paid Social Manager - Leading Media Agency - Biddable Media Ultimate Asset £28000 - £36000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Freelance Planner - FMCG, Pitches & Government Business Speckled Frog £250-£300 daily rate, possibly negotiable, dependent on experience, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London