TNS buys remainder of Brazil's InterScience
LONDON - TNS, now part of WPP Group's Kantar, has acquired the remaining 37% of the shares in TNS InterScience, one of Brazil's leading market research businesses.
TNS has held a majority interest in TNS InterScience since 2005 and now owns 100% of the company.
WPP said that the investment continues its strategy of developing its networks in faster-growing markets and sectors.
Founded in 1983, TNS InterScience is based in Sao Paulo and employs 100 people. Its clients include more than half of TNS' global account list, including Kraft, P&G, Telefonica and Samsung.
The agency, which specialises in the FMCG, technology, finance and automotive sectors, had revenues of 30m Brazilian Reais (£8.1m) for the year ending December 31 2007.
Last month WPP signed an agreement with the Nielsen Company to swap its 50% share of AGB Nielsen Media Research for three of Nielsen's assets.
The deal allowed WPP to satisfy regulatory requirements that it must dispose of its stake in AGB Nielsen Media Research in order to complete its acquisition of TNS.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London