New ActionAid website shifts focus to audience
LONDON - International development charity ActionAid has launched a new website, with an emphasis on rich media and social networking.
The website, created by Red Bee Media, features video clips, an interactive map detailing charity work going on around the globe and links to supporters' pages on ActionAid's social networking site MyActionAid.
MyActionAid will play a larger role on the main site as the charity begins to shift its focus to its audience, encouraging user-generated content and interaction.
Nathaniel Ashford, website and e-communications manager for ActionAid, said: "The developments are designed to increase overall engagement.
"Many other charity sites are information-based, but we feel that it's important to launch a site that will be audience focused.
"It's about getting people engaged with ActionAid, so we have included things like top five actions for people to do on our homepage -- this will be regularly updated and will let people know how they can help."
New design features also include a colourful "tag cloud", animated dropdown menus and links to affiliate pages on MySpace, YouTube, Bebo and Facebook.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London