Rpa:vision creates Tommy Hilfiger flagship for Dublin
LONDON - Rpa:vision, the retail design agency, has created a flagship Tommy Hilfiger store in Dublin's Grafton Street, one of the most expensive retail locations in Europe.
The store, which occupies two buildings, spans three floors, and offers the entire Tommy men's, women's and children's collections, will become the flagship for the newly created Tommy Hilfiger Ireland.
Rpa:vision began work on the Grafton Street store earlier this year and has been working closely with Tommy Hilfiger internationally on stores across the UK, France, Germany and India.
The main design focus for the store is a glass lift encased within a frameless glass lift shaft entwined within an oak stairwell, following the concept used in the Regent Street flagship store, also developed by Rpa:vision.
The 6,000 square foot ground floor, which carries the men's sportswear collection, combines dark wood fixtures with antique oak floors, traditional leather ottoman seating, vintage style globe light fittings, antique furniture and a backdrop of tailoring fabrics as wallpaper in highlighted areas.
The main women's wear area includes walnut fixtures, combined with decorative elements such as silk wall lights, velvet curtains and ottoman seating.
Finally, the second floor will be for children aged from 0-16 with a special dedicated area for babies and toddlers. Older kids will have their own section which includes a relaxed seating area with TV.
Nigel Collett, creative director of Rpa:vision, said: "The look and feel of the interior reflects the essence of the Tommy Hilfiger brand with exuberant detailing and finishes worthy of this flagship location.
"This has been an architecturally challenging project as it required bringing together two listed buildings with varying floor levels and roof lines thus adding an interesting structural angle to the brief."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Creative Project Assistant become £20K-£24K, London