BR Video: Have the pre-Christmas sales encouraged people to shop?
LONDON - Pre-Christmas sales have enticed some bargain hunters into the shops but failed to persuade many to part with their cash, according to the latest Brand Republic video -- watch it now.
Most people interviewed by Brand Republic said the abundance of sales had not convinced them to visit the high street, with many preferring to do their shopping online.
Some shoppers were more enthusiastic about the sales, visiting Debenhams, Woolworths and Marks & Spencer for deals on Christmas gifts.
Retailers have been slashing prices over the last few weeks. Tesco cut the prices of around 1,000 products by 50% until Christmas in an effort to tempt shoppers.
Marks & Spencer's 20%-off sale day proved such a hit it decided to hold a second discount day a fortnight later.
Debenhams also got in on the action with a three-day "spectacular", offering 20% to 25% off most items.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London