BR Video: Have the pre-Christmas sales encouraged people to shop?
LONDON - Pre-Christmas sales have enticed some bargain hunters into the shops but failed to persuade many to part with their cash, according to the latest Brand Republic video -- watch it now.
Most people interviewed by Brand Republic said the abundance of sales had not convinced them to visit the high street, with many preferring to do their shopping online.
Some shoppers were more enthusiastic about the sales, visiting Debenhams, Woolworths and Marks & Spencer for deals on Christmas gifts.
Retailers have been slashing prices over the last few weeks. Tesco cut the prices of around 1,000 products by 50% until Christmas in an effort to tempt shoppers.
Marks & Spencer's 20%-off sale day proved such a hit it decided to hold a second discount day a fortnight later.
Debenhams also got in on the action with a three-day "spectacular", offering 20% to 25% off most items.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Comms Account Manager: £35k Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Client Service Manager - Media Planning and Sponsorship PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London