Burger King launches meat-scented fragrance
NEW YORK - Fast-food chain Burger King has launched a meat-scented cologne in the US for under $4 (£2.56) and has aptly called it "Flame".
The men's fragrance, which is being sold at a New York retailer and online, is being touted as "the scent of seduction, with a hint of flame-broiled meat".
Meat-loving consumers can buy a bottle of the scent for just $3.99.
Burger King has also launched a website called FireMeetsDesire.com to accompany the cologne.
The site reads: "The Whopper sandwich is America's favourite burger. Flame by BK captures the essence of that love and gives it to you."
Users are also greeted with the caption: "Now you can set the mood for whatever you're in the mood for."
Burger King released the fragrance earlier this week and an informal survey carried out by the Boston Herald revealed that some men would actually wear it.
The fast-food chain's latest promotion follows on from a publicity stunt at its UK chain earlier this year, which saw the introduction of a £95 burger.
The burger, which contained Wagyu beef, was launched as part of a plan to emphasise the chain's premium credentials over its competitors such as McDonald's.
Burger King is not the first brand to launch its own fragrance -- the Sunday Sport got there first in May 2007 with the launch of its own branded perfume called 'Eau De Punani'.
The Sport said the scent was based on the natural aroma of a woman, and was based on the "smell" of Cherry Dee, who scooped the paper's Miss Sunday Sport 2007 title.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire