Ogilvy launches recession website
LONDON - Ogilvy Group has launched a website to help marketers through the recession and offers advice on how best to cope.
The agency says it is offering "a glimmer of hope" for marketers who the WPP Group agency argues should seize this moment as an opportunity to grow their brands and secure future success.
The website, Ogilvyonrecession.com publishes several of what will be a number of white papers beginning with 'Optimizing the marketing budget in recession', which is available on the UK site, and 'Doing More With Less: A Point of View on Marketing in a Recession' on the US site.
What clients have to remember, said Colin Mitchell, chief strategy officer for Ogilvy North America, is that the downturn is an opportunity to innovate.
Mitchell said: "History shows many brands and companies have been successfully launched during recessions while others have leveraged tough economic conditions to gain significant market advantage.
"We have at our fingertips, a new constellation of marketing strategies and metrics that can be measured quickly and implemented efficiently. These strategies create upside for our clients."
'Doing More With Less' details proven marketing strategies for building market share in downturns with actual case studies that detail how marketers can protect high value customers, capitalise on those customers who are ready to spend.
Mitchell said: "While some companies do face real cash flow issues, the option of winning marketing share in a recession by smart spending is open to most.
"Making do with less involves not just setting a competitively sensible budget but using it more imaginatively in channels from digital to retail.
Each booklet will draw upon Ogilvy's experience across all marketing disciplines, from advertising, to retail marketing, direct marketing and digital, as well as regions around the world.
Gary Leih, Ogilvy Group UK chairman and CEO, said: "While some companies do face real cash-flow issues, the option of winning marketing share in a recession by smart spending is open to most.
"Making do with less involves not just setting a competitively sensible budget but using it more imaginatively in channels ranging from digital to retail."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London