EMI launches voyage of music discovery with new site
LONDON - EMI Music has launched its new EMI.com website that offers music fans the chance to discover new music and listen to tracks in full as well as offering music and chart news.
The site will allow people to discover new artists, including those not on EMI labels, as well as more established acts such as Coldplay, The Verve, Gorillaz, Hot Chip, The Kooks, Korn and Kylie Minogue.
Visitors to the site can watch videos, view artist's biographies and discographies, create a profile and use functions like "discover" where fans are offered the opportunity to find similar artists to their favourite acts. These tracks can then be added to playlists, very much like Last.fm.
There is an option to discover new artists, such as Bethany Dillon, Shawn McDonald, Marit Larsen and Marit Larsen.
Alex Haar, vice president of digital special projects at EMI Music, said: "EMI.com is designed to be a learning lab.
"It will help us gain even more knowledge about consumers' preferences and choices. Those insights will be invaluable to our artists, helping them respond to fans in a more relevant way.
"This is the beginning of a longer term experiment. In the coming months, we will continue to add content and features to the site."
EMI said future features would include the ability to create widgets or to purchase music. The site will also be home to free, unique content from EMI artists, such as interviews, concerts and back-stage visits.
The site was designed by Imdad Capital and built by digital media company Perform.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London