EMI launches voyage of music discovery with new site
LONDON - EMI Music has launched its new EMI.com website that offers music fans the chance to discover new music and listen to tracks in full as well as offering music and chart news.
The site will allow people to discover new artists, including those not on EMI labels, as well as more established acts such as Coldplay, The Verve, Gorillaz, Hot Chip, The Kooks, Korn and Kylie Minogue.
Visitors to the site can watch videos, view artist's biographies and discographies, create a profile and use functions like "discover" where fans are offered the opportunity to find similar artists to their favourite acts. These tracks can then be added to playlists, very much like Last.fm.
There is an option to discover new artists, such as Bethany Dillon, Shawn McDonald, Marit Larsen and Marit Larsen.
Alex Haar, vice president of digital special projects at EMI Music, said: "EMI.com is designed to be a learning lab.
"It will help us gain even more knowledge about consumers' preferences and choices. Those insights will be invaluable to our artists, helping them respond to fans in a more relevant way.
"This is the beginning of a longer term experiment. In the coming months, we will continue to add content and features to the site."
EMI said future features would include the ability to create widgets or to purchase music. The site will also be home to free, unique content from EMI artists, such as interviews, concerts and back-stage visits.
The site was designed by Imdad Capital and built by digital media company Perform.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Communications Manager Stopgap £30000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Integrated Project Manager Purple Consultancy £250 - £350 per day, London
- PR Executive Better Placed Recruitment £18000 - £25000 per annum + DOE, Manchester
- Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £300 - £450 per day, London