Amnesty International appoints Quiet Storm and Zerofree
LONDON - Amnesty International has appointed creative agency Quiet Storm and digital agency Zerofee on a project basis to launch a campaign under its "Counter Terror With Justice" banner.
The new work, due out in the New Year, is timed to mark the seventh anniversary of the opening of the Guantanamo Bay detention facility and the inauguration of Barack Obama as the new President of the US.
Amnesty International said the campaign is designed to challenge the new administration into showing commitment to human rights in its counter terrorism strategy.
The organisation has prepared a list of proposals it hopes the US government will undertake during the first 100 days of the new administration.
The proposals include:
- A date to close Guantanamo.
- An executive order to ban torture and other ill-treatment.
- The establishment of an independent commission to investigate abuses committed by the US government as part of its 'war on terror'.
The demands will form part of a"checklist" of actions Amnesty International is asking the new US President to take. Obama is already committed to closing the detention centre that sits on the US Naval base in Cuba.
Paul Buck, founding partner of Zerofee, said: "We're delighted to have secured this opportunity -- Amnesty International represents a perfect match for our creative and ethical interests."
Katie Pirouet, a producer at Quiet Storm, said: "Working with Amnesty International is a privilege and incredibly rewarding for us."
The win is Quiet Storm's ninth new business win of 2008 alongside the charity Bondage for Freedom, COI and Haribo.
Quiet Storm's other clients include The Helen Bamber Foundation, Crimestoppers and Bauer Consumer Media.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Designer - 6 month contract ADLIB £20000 - £25000 per annum, Somerset
- CRM Manager (1 year maternity cover) f1 Recruitment 50,000, Kensington
- Head of Digital and CRM - entrepreneurial global online brand - Hertfordshire - up to £75K f1 Recruitment Up to £75K depending on experience, Hertfordshire
- Web Development Manager - UK & Ireland - Travel f1 Recruitment £50,000, Surrey