Magners adds sparkle around London for Christmas
LONDON - Magners Irish Cider is trying to boost its appeal beyond the summer months with a heavy-weight national advertising campaign this Christmas.
The national outdoor campaign, titled 'Christmas Sparkle', is running in major cities and towns throughout the UK created by ad agency Young Euro RSCG in Dublin with media planning and buying handled by MPG.
The ads will appear at bus shelters in busy shopping areas, reminding people that Magners cider, owned by C&C Group, is good to drink at any time of year.
The campaign uses innovative "Twinkly" six sheets in key sites in London, which helps bring the Magners' brand to life through the delicate twinkling of lights in the poster itself.
The Christmas campaign is running back to back with extensive advertising to support the launches of Magners Light and Magners Draught. Those campaigns were created by Euro RSCG London with through MPG.
Scott Fairbairn, marketing manager at Magners, said: "The brand continues to support the category with high-impacting advertising campaigns such as this one, which are proven to drive awareness and increase sales for all our customers.
"Look out for more iconic advertising from us in 2009."
The message is particularly vital to Magners at this time of year after a summer that saw sales fall 15% in the six months to the end of August.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Senior Mobile Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £47500 - £50000 per annum + +£30k OTE, London