CACI launches individual-level green classification data
LONDON - Market information analyst CACI has launched the first individual-level classification based on green attitudes and behaviour.
GreenAcorn, available from January next year, classifies the UK's 1.9m postcodes by an individual's green activities and opinions, to assist marketers, CSR professionals and product development teams with more informed targeting.
The postcodes are split into seven major groups, ranging from "Enthusiastic Green" to "The Unconcerned".
Each group is then split down into three carbon footprint bands, to give users the most accurate picture of a consumer's environmental impact and attitude.
Among the 350 demographic variables analysed are an individual's car use, recycling habits, frequency of travel and food choices.
GreenAcorn combines data sources including CACI's own demographic and lifestyle data, The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs'(Defra) 2007 survey of Public Attitudes and Behaviours Towards the Environment and Defra's Environmental Behaviour Segmentation.
Jonathan Burston, sales director at CACI, said: "Environmental issues are at the centre of many of today's business strategies -- but organisations still struggle to understand how green issues impact on their customers.
"Knowing whether a target consumer will buy into a product marketed for its green credentials is fundamental to planning how the product should be positioned.
Likewise, a company which champions corporate social responsibility has to understand how its own customers will react to its green endeavours.
"This new segmentation tool will help those across the marketing spectrum better engage customers and respond to new opportunities."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London