CACI launches individual-level green classification data
LONDON - Market information analyst CACI has launched the first individual-level classification based on green attitudes and behaviour.
GreenAcorn, available from January next year, classifies the UK's 1.9m postcodes by an individual's green activities and opinions, to assist marketers, CSR professionals and product development teams with more informed targeting.
The postcodes are split into seven major groups, ranging from "Enthusiastic Green" to "The Unconcerned".
Each group is then split down into three carbon footprint bands, to give users the most accurate picture of a consumer's environmental impact and attitude.
Among the 350 demographic variables analysed are an individual's car use, recycling habits, frequency of travel and food choices.
GreenAcorn combines data sources including CACI's own demographic and lifestyle data, The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs'(Defra) 2007 survey of Public Attitudes and Behaviours Towards the Environment and Defra's Environmental Behaviour Segmentation.
Jonathan Burston, sales director at CACI, said: "Environmental issues are at the centre of many of today's business strategies -- but organisations still struggle to understand how green issues impact on their customers.
"Knowing whether a target consumer will buy into a product marketed for its green credentials is fundamental to planning how the product should be positioned.
Likewise, a company which champions corporate social responsibility has to understand how its own customers will react to its green endeavours.
"This new segmentation tool will help those across the marketing spectrum better engage customers and respond to new opportunities."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Mid Level User Experience Designer Salt £30000 - £45000 per annum + Plus bonus and excellent benefits, London