Air ambulance uses mobile to attract donations
LONDON - London's Air Ambulance has introduced a text-to-donate scheme to increase donations.
The text-to-donate service, hosted by Oxygen8 Communications, operates on a short-code platform. To make a donation, supporters send an SMS to the code LA81. This generates a one off donation taken from the cost of the text message.
Andrew Cameron, chief executive of London's Air Ambulance said: "Although we are partly funded by the NHS and Virgin, the majority of our costs are covered through public donations, charity fundraising events and collection schemes. We hope that the new text-to-donate service will provide another method in which people can easily and quickly donate a small but important amount of money to London's Air Ambulance".
Messages are charged at £1.50 per text, of which 90p goes to the London's Air Ambulance, with the remainder going to the mobile network the message was sent from.
London's Air Ambulance costs approximately £2million pounds per year to run and maintain. The Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS) is based out of The London Royal Hospital in Whitechapel and covers the area inside the boundary of the M25 ring-road.
Each HEMS team consists of highly skilled medical staff, including a senior trauma doctor and a paramedic. On average there are three to six helicopter missions a day and since 1989 almost 20,000 in total have been carried out. It operates 365 days a year during daylight hours.
Colin White, chief executive of Oxygen8 Communications, said: 'The work that the HEMS team do is essential and it is really important to us to assist them in gaining as many donations as possible and maximising their ROI throughout this campaign".
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London