Cadbury unveils Wispa TV campaign
LONDON - Scantily-clad cheerleaders, a male choir and a man in a panda costume all make appearances in Cadbury Wispa's new two-minute TV spot by Fallon.
The ad will only run once on TV this side of Christmas, with support from a dedicated website where visitors can watch the commercial and a making-of film.
The 'For the Love of Wispa' campaign was created after a Facebook group was formed calling for the return of the chocolate confectionery bar.
Cadbury said it decided to relaunch the brand following public pressure and in the spirit of public co-operation, fans were invited to become involved in the making of the ad.
Wispa launched a website where fans submitted 2,281 pledges in 25 days. From these more than 300 entrants were chosen to star in the ad, filmed at London's Alexandra Palace in early December.
Volunteers from all over the UK were paid in chocolate bars to star in the shoot.
The spot features two belly dancers, an opera singer, a barbershop quartet and two marching bands, and the ad ends with a spectacular firework display.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East