WWF in fundraising drive with polar bear adoption scheme
LONDON - WWF UK is promoting its latest fund-raising scheme with an online acquisition campaign created by Kitcatt Nohr Alexander Shaw.
The campaign is aimed at Christmas shoppers and encourages them to "adopt" a Svalbard polar bear as a Christmas gift on behalf of someone they know.
The campaign uses two different landing pages, as well as two different rich media creative executions. The ads use real footage of a polar bear cub walking up to the camera and nudging it with its nose.
The cub then breathes on to the camera leaving a mist in which the campaign message then appears that reads: "The perfect Xmas gift is right under your nose. Adopt a polar bear from just £3 a month."
Respondents will be encouraged to visit a microsite or call WWF to adopt. Those doing so receive a pack with a greeting card, soft toy and a book about polar bears, as well as an adoption certificate and fridge magnet.
Becki Jupp, head of supporter acquisition at WWF-UK, said: "We chose polar bears for this seasonal campaign due to the urgency of the rapidly shrinking ice cap and their association with snow and a white Christmas.
"Our aim is to attract new supporters and raise awareness of WWF's adoption programme this Christmas and we're hoping adopting a bear with WWF will be popular with Santa this year."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Executive air recruitment Up to £22K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, Central London