WWF in fundraising drive with polar bear adoption scheme
LONDON - WWF UK is promoting its latest fund-raising scheme with an online acquisition campaign created by Kitcatt Nohr Alexander Shaw.
The campaign is aimed at Christmas shoppers and encourages them to "adopt" a Svalbard polar bear as a Christmas gift on behalf of someone they know.
The campaign uses two different landing pages, as well as two different rich media creative executions. The ads use real footage of a polar bear cub walking up to the camera and nudging it with its nose.
The cub then breathes on to the camera leaving a mist in which the campaign message then appears that reads: "The perfect Xmas gift is right under your nose. Adopt a polar bear from just £3 a month."
Respondents will be encouraged to visit a microsite or call WWF to adopt. Those doing so receive a pack with a greeting card, soft toy and a book about polar bears, as well as an adoption certificate and fridge magnet.
Becki Jupp, head of supporter acquisition at WWF-UK, said: "We chose polar bears for this seasonal campaign due to the urgency of the rapidly shrinking ice cap and their association with snow and a white Christmas.
"Our aim is to attract new supporters and raise awareness of WWF's adoption programme this Christmas and we're hoping adopting a bear with WWF will be popular with Santa this year."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Interactive Designer Source £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Qualitative Senior Research Executive Lipton Fleming £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, London
- Account Director [Telco] - Superb Agency off Oxford Street Fill Recruitment Ltd to £55k with great benefits, Off Oxford Street
- Propositions Marketing Manager Harvey Nash £35000 - £40000 per annum, Walsall
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London