Monocle magazine launches podcast
LONDON - Upmarket magazine Monocle is launching a weekly radio podcast, The Monocle Weekly, with Blackberry signed on as the programme's launch sponsor.
The podcast will feature commentary from the magazine's global team of editors, with regular updates from editor Andrew Tuck, Asia bureau chief Fiona Wilson and Americas bureau chief Ann Marie Gardner.
Scheduled guests for the initial podcast include philosopher Alain de Botton and the Norwegian minister of finance.
Tyler Brule, editor in chief, said: "The Monocle Weekly will look over the horizon and explore the looming stories within the five areas that define our editorial agenda: -- global affairs, business, culture, design and consumer culture.
"It will offer fresh angles on stories on the current issues and deliver in-depth follow-ups from past assignment.
"It's a leaving, breathing delivery of the Monocle editorial process with a good dose of music from our culture editor, Robert Bound, mixed in."
The Monocle Weekly follows the magazine's reputation for offbeat media models, including its online retail store and pop-up shop in Marylebone.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire