Times Online traffic growth pushes it ahead of MailOnline
LONDON - Times Online increased its unique user traffic by over 5% in November to overtake MailOnline for third position among the national newspaper websites, according to the latest ABCe figures.
Times Online's users jumped 5.5% to hit a record 21.6m during the month, while the site's UK users climbed 1.6% to hit 7.2m.
Zach Leonard, News International director of digital strategy and development, said: "These are a brilliant set of results.
"To attract more than 21m users from around the world proves the drawing power of our brand, news coverage and commentary -- it means we can deliver advertisers a powerful global audience."
However, The Guardian still holds on to the top spot. The website's unique users increased by a marginal 0.26% during November to hit 26m even though its UK user total fell by 5.8% to 9.5m.
Telegraph.co.uk maintained its position in second place despite its unique users dropping by 1.1% month on month to 22.96m. However, the site's UK users increased by 5.5% to hit 7.4m
Following the Times Online's strong performance, MailOnline, which includes the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday sites, was relegated to fourth with 20.87m unique users in November, a fall of 1.54% month on month. Its UK user total remained fairly static at 6.4m.
Independent.co.uk performed well during November with a 5.7% rise in unique users to 8.9m.
Its UK user total remained static at 3.4m.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1