Peta hits back at Burger King perfume with a parody called Gore
LONDON - Peta, the animal rights charity that campaigns to get people to turn vegetarian, has hit back at the news that Burger King has launched a meat-scented fragrance with its own parody.
Burger King hit the headlines last week when it launched a meat-scented cologne called 'Flame', which is being sold in New York and online, and is touted as "the scent of seduction, with a hint of flame-broiled meat".
Peta's version of the scent, which it's dubbed 'eau de mort', is called Gore by Murder King. The charity boasts the scent will "awaken the senses, including the conscience".
It has created mock packaging for Gore that shows a cow's intestines, and claims that the fragrance evokes the aroma of rotting flesh. To complete the imagery, it says that every bottle contains a floating maggot to remind users of what else is attracted to a dead body.
Tracy Reiman, executive vice-president of Peta, said: "Peta's Gore perfume is so intense that it might open people's eyes to the suffering of animals -- and even bring a tear to them.
"If the picture of a dead cow on the packaging doesn't jolt someone into remembering what dead meat is all about, maybe the stench of guts will."
Peta campaigns against meat-purveying fast food chains including McDonald's, KFC and Burger King, critical of their records on animal welfare.
It also campaigns against the use of fur in fashion, but has a wider agenda of promoting vegetarian and vegan lifestyles.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London