DreamWorks and PepsiCo unite to launch 3D Super Bowl ad
LOS ANGELES - Dreamworks and PepsiCo are handing out more than 125m pairs of 3D glasses in the US, with which people can see a special trailer of new film, 'Monsters vs Aliens', which will air during the Super Bowl.
A 90-second 3D trailer for the film 'Monsters vs. Aliens' will air during the half-time show of the Super Bowl on February 1.
There will also be a 60-second 3D ad for SoBe Life Water, a drink owned by PepsiCo. 3D glasses will be distributed through the drink's in-store displays around the country.
Dreamworks CEO Jeff Katzenberg said the cost of the stunt is in the "tens of millions of dollars."
The glasses use Intel technology and not the traditional red and blue system. Viewers without glasses will be able to see an ordinary image on the screen.
'Monsters vs. Aliens' gets released March 27 in the US and features the voices of Kiefer Sutherland, Reese Witherspoon and Seth Rogan.
The promotion was unveiled during NBC's broadcast of the playoff game between the Indianapolis Colts and San Diego Chargers last Saturday.
After the Super Bowl ad, NBC plans to use the same technology to air a 3D episode of its series 'Chuck', with the reminder to fans "Don't Chuck away your glasses."
Last year the Super Bowl was seen by 97.5m viewers, making it the second-most watched broadcast in US TV history.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, Winnersh, Berkshire
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)