Velvet toilet tissue pushes green message
LONDON - Toilet tissue brand Velvet is focusing a new £5m campaign on the message that three trees are replanted for each one it uses.
The activity includes a new Fallon-created TV ad featuring the brand's baby managing director character, who talks about how important trees are and is shown directing his workers in the boardroom and a forest.
To reinforce the 'three trees' message brand owner SCA has also had the Triple Velvet and Quilted Velvet packs redesigned by Tynan D'Arcy to feature Baby MD and the new Three Trees logo and the Forestry Stewardship Council logo.
The campaign will extend online with a new-look website designed by Chemistry and educate children about the environment through a national roadshow, also designed by Chemistry.
SCA's PR agency Haygarth is running a consumer PR campaign, covering the Velvet Young Nature Photographer of the Year competition, which will be repeated this year, and a continuing partnership with the Trees for Cities charity.
Chris Bartlett, UK marketing director at SCA, said: "During a time of economic uncertainty, we understand that consumers are driven by product value and quality. Even in tough times however, research shows that consumers are still highly motivated by a brand that is environmentally conscious.
"We believe that our Three Trees initiative offers a key point of difference from our competitors and will play a fundamental role in driving loyalty for our Triple Velvet and Quilted Velvet brands."
SCA is Europe's largest private forest owner with 2.6m hectares of forests, marshes, lakes and mountain terrain in northern Sweden.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior account manager in retail + branding design agency Gabriele Skelton £35000 - £39000 per annum, London
- e-Commerce Executive - Health & Beauty Stopgap £22000 - £24000 per annum, Slough
- Digital Account Manager AF Selection £24,000 - £40,000, West Midlands